Multi-skilled ~ Versatile ~ Reliable ~ Creative
A creative and effective communicator, Maia has a reputation for reliably and consistently producing quality work. With her professionalism, positivity and enthusiasm, lateral and creative thinking, dedicated service and comprehensive range of skills, she has won high praise, respect and formal recognition for outstanding professional and voluntary service.
Her work history encompasses:
- Copywriting, journalism, promotions and sales in television, radio and print media, and freelance photojournalism.
- Public education, publicity and media liaison – most notably in relation to emergencies and disasters (Queensland’s Department of Emergency Services).
- Numerous launches, events and major projects, including the highly successful VP50 Troop Train. For her PR, publicity and media liaison role she was awarded an Australia Day medallion for outstanding service.
- Providing counsel and a range of PR services to both small and large clients as a freelance PR consultant. Projects and services such as branding and re-branding, corporate launches, website development (concepts/content), corporate videos, TV commercials, brochures, newsletters, articles, photography, sponsorship proposals, publicity campaigns, brainstorming, developing marketing/PR strategies etc.
- Co-author of the book ‘So you want media coverage … a simple guide on how to get it and how to handle it’, published by University of Queensland Press (now out of print).
Her general approach and her diverse range of skills are of significant value to businesses and organisations seeking insightful, personalised, professional service and effective public relations strategies.
Projects and work samples
The most efficient and practical way to offer samples is at the second stage of inquiry, with relevant project outlines and work samples.
What others say …
“Maia is a highly talented, competent, versatile and reliable professional who has high integrity, is highly ethical and focuses 110% on the best possible outcome for the organisation. Her outstanding dedication, creativity and tenacious ability to find or create the right information or solution for us greatly enhance our organisation and our projects. Her input into any organisation or project will unquestionably be to the delight and utmost satisfaction of anyone who contracts or employs her.”
Murray Masarik, Director and Educator, REAL Education
“Maia adopts a very proactive and professional approach to her work, resulting in a significant output of extremely high quality. I believe her forte is in providing a media and public relations service in an environment of people helping people.”
Ken Cullum, former Director SES (Qld)
“Maia was for two years Organic & Quality Foods’ PR Consultant … dynamic, professional and always at hand with valuable, common sense advice. I would highly recommend Maia as an asset to any business – she really made a difference!”
Rob Maclachlan, Proprietor Organic & Quality Foods
(Work samples and more testimonials are available on request.)